We design spaces that connect people to nature everyday.
We are a landscape architecture and public art firm. Our projects encompass master plans, urban plazas, nature parks, public art installations, and residential gardens with the goal of connecting people to the natural world. We honor the beauty and resiliency of each place to create work that is colorful, verdant, and fun.
WHO WE ARE
FALON MIHALIC, PLA, ASLA
- Licensed in Texas, Florida, Illinois
- MLA, Rhode Island School of Design
- BA, New College of Florida
Falon is an award-winning landscape architect and professional artist. Her recent awards include the winning commission for the Central Avenue Public Art project in Baltimore and an Emerging Artist Award from the Houston Arts Alliance. A Florida native, Falon has a degree in Natural Sciences from New College of Florida and a Master of Landscape Architecture degree from the Rhode Island School of Design. She is the recipient of the distinguished Dan Tuttle Endowed Scholarship Award for Design Excellence and the American Society of Landscape Architects Graduate Honor Award. Prior to founding Falon Land Studio, she practiced as a landscape architect at Sasaki Associates where she was the Lead Plant Designer for the Arlington National Cemetery Expansion Project, and a project designer for campuses, urban plazas, children's gardens, and an ecological resort. Falon is the Chair of Landscape Architecture Magazine's National Editorial Board, Vice Chair of the BikeHouston Board of Directors, and a member of the Rice Design Alliance's Cite Editorial Committee.
Falon is a licensed landscape architect in Florida, Texas, and Illinois with a deep knowledge of plants and ecosystems of the Gulf Coast region.
Clients & Collaborators
We have had the opportunity to work with the following organizations:
- Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts
- Houston Arts Alliance
- Friends of Field
- Near Northside Management District
- Burditt Land Consultants
- Kaboom! Foundation
- Re:Gallery Dallas
- East End Foundation
- Lovett Corporation
- Bastrop Arts in Public Places
- Open Architecture HTX
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- St. George Island Owner's Association
- D | G Studios
- Northwest Chamber of Commerce
- Baker Ripley Community Centers
We work collaboratively with designers, landscape architects, architects, and other artists on a project by project basis:
- Shane Fagan, Landscape Architect
- Ross Wienert, Architectural Designer
- Graham Coreil-Allen, Public Artist
- Matt Felsen, Interactive Technologist
- Mike Garman, Designer + Builder
- Eric Mata, Designer
- Licensed Landscape Architecture Business in Texas and Florida.
- Woman Owned Enterprise with HUB certification from the State of Texas. This certification allows us to contribute to a HUB goal on any state funded project.
- Certified Mangrove Trimmer in Florida. This certification allows us to design, plan, and manage projects within sensitive Mangrove wetlands.